Artificial Human No. 15
From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
Artificial Human No. 15 (人造 人間 15号, Jinzō Ningen Jūgo-Gō; FUNimation "Android No. 15") is Doctor Gero's fifteenth creation and and designed to serve Gero's vendetta against Son Goku, who overthrows the Red Ribbon Army as a child.
Appearance and personality
No. 15 takes the appearance of a very short and small man. To some extent, he embodies a stereotype of an African American due to his large pink lips and dark skin tone. This is especially noticed in the FUNimation dub where he is given the voice of an African American as well. No. 15 dons a large green hat with a red ball on top, what some consider the rendition of a "pimp's" hat. He has a black and white tuxedo shirt with a dark yellow and blue overcoat. He also wears a red bow tie sporting the "Red Ribbon" logo. He also wears baggy light blue pants and black boots.
No. 15 has short and sweet lines in both the original and FUNimation dub. In the original, he only remarks "Son Goku..." a few times and "Trunks" only once, where as in the Funimation dub he exclaims such remarks as "Who blasted mah blast!?" and "Okay... let's dance", all with a stereotypical "pimp" or "gangster" accent. His main concern is his duty to take out Goku and company, and he expresses a very cocky and mellow attitude. He is also seen getting aggravated at 14 after he falls into a pit of deep snow and is not helped by his android comrade. He can be seen drinking from a small flask throughout the film, usually directly prior to engagement in battle.
No. 15 is completed by Doctor Gero's Super Computer alongside No. 14. The two set out for Satan City where they devastatingly assault a restaurant where Goku's family is in the midst of dining, in an effort to kill Goku. After rescuing bystanders in the restaurant's vicinity, a short battle between the androids and Goku and Future Trunks ensues; the fighters soon after take their combat to an isolated glacial area, where they are followed by Gohan and Krillin.
While No. 14 and No. 15 are taking up arms against Goku and Future Trunks Brief, a third android arrives on the scene, Android 13, who was completed by Doctor Gero's Super Computer later than No. 14 and No. 15. Upon his arrival on the scene, No. 13 confronted Goku, leaving Trunks and Vegeta to struggle against No. 14 and No. 15 shortly after which Piccolo Junior intervened to assist Goku as well. Ultimately, No. 15 is destroyed by Vegeta following Vegeta's transformation to Super Saiyan by decapitating him with a punch, in sync with the destruction of No. 14 by a Super Saiyan Trunks, however even their deaths are fail-safe in Gero's plan, as No. 13 pauses to absorb components from No. 15 and No. 14, resulting in his Fusion into Super No. 13.
Android 18 asserts during the Androids Saga of Dragon Ball Z that Gero destroyed the first fifteen androids he designed, however this disturbs the canonicity of both the mainstream series (as Android 8 makes cameo appearances throughout both Z and Dragon Ball GT) and Super Android 13!, which features androids 13, 14 and 15 as its lead villains and provides an original explanation that Dr. Gero was murdered by androids 17 and 18 prior to personally completing 13 through 15 (leaving an underground supercomputer to finish the models posthumously).
- 3D Scan Mode – A mode that allows for advanced scanning of enemies.
- Android Barrier
- Android Strike 15
- Continuous Energy Bullet
- Energy Attack – The most basic form of energy wave used by androids.
- F.F. Spark Cannon
- Flight – The ability to fly without the use of Ki.
- Murder Ball – A Full Power Energy Ball and one of No. 15's super attacks in Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2.
- No. 15, apparently, knows who Future Trunks is. This is not a plot hole since, even though he (and No. 13 and No. 14) are from the main timeline, Gero's Super Computer would have had a small amount of data on Trunks when his probe witnessed Trunk's defeat of both Mecha Freeza and King Cold.
- Interestingly, even though No. 13, No. 14, and No. 15 are not featured in the manga, the "Androids A-B-C's" section mentions that No. 13, No. 14, and No. 15 are very close to the Android concept.
- Androids A-B-C's guide: #15~~~~#9: All of them had one problem or another, but No. 13, No. 14, and No. 15 were pretty close to the final android form.