DBZ Episode 258
From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
Super Moves of Gotenks is the fifth episode of the Fusion Saga and the two hundred fifty-eighth overall episode in the original dubbed and the uncut version of the Dragon Ball Z series. The original Japanese title is "Honki de Iku ze!! Supa Gotenkusu Zenkai" (本気で行くぜ!!超ゴテンクス全開). The episode first aired on March 1, 1995. Its original American air date was October 21, 2002.
The episode starts with Piccolo looking really worried if Gotenks could win. Gotenks starts to use some of his own attacks and hits Super Buu with some really strong ones but they didn't affect Super Buu at all. The Time Chamber surroundings change to some ice and Gotenks does a lot of goofy named attacks that didn't really work. Then Gotenks sees that Piccolo is really worried about the battle and Gotenks goes to talk to him about beating Super Buu. Then Super Buu gets impatient and they start fighting again. Everyone outside the Time Chamber wonders if Goten and Trunks trained enough to beat Super Buu. Gotenks gets stuck in the ice but they break out when Super Buu says Gotenks isn't strong. Then Gotenks goes Super Saiyan and Piccolo is really suprised that you can go Super Saiyan after fusing and begins to have more hope that Gotenks will save the world. Gotenks does another strong energy attack that sqeezes Super Buu but Super Buu breaks out of it. Then he starts to really beat up Gotenks. Gotenks then charges up and uses his Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack and spits out a ghost of himself.
Gotenks vs. Super Buu
- There is a point in this episode when Gotenks swings his fist around and runs at Super Buu to punch him in the gut, but Super Buu says "Wait! Not there. Try my face." Gotenks does punch him in the face. And for reasons unknown, after this blow is struck, Super Buu's pupils turn from white to red, and his mouth/tongue turn from red to green.
- This episode reveals that a fusion of two Saiyans can transform into a Super Saiyan while fused together.
- On numerous times throughout the episode, everyone outside the chamber eat snacks and talk about what could be happening. This shouldn't be possible, as the time dilation in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber would reduce the duration of the fusion to only a few seconds outside the chamber. Although it should be noted that those scenes were filler scenes, added in the Anime series and not existed in the Manga.
- Gotenks taunts Super Buu by giving him the middle finger in the unedited version.
- Dragon Ball Chapters 491-494