From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
The Trunks Saga is the sixth saga of the Dragon Ball Z series. It features Frieza's arrival on Earth, his death by the hands of Future Trunks, and Trunks' warning about the Androids. The small saga contains eight episodes, and is placed between the Garlic Jr. Saga and the Androids Saga. In Japan this saga aired in 1992. It aired in the U.S. in 2000.
This is part of US season four, and the middle part of FUNimation Remastered Season Four Box Set. The final two episodes were Burger King Promotional Episodes in the U.S. The Trunks Saga is the second shortest saga of the series, after the Captain Ginyu Saga.
It's possible that the movie Cooler's Revenge takes place between episodes 124 and 125, even though the movie was released between episodes 99 and 100.
- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Characters
- 3 Battles Featured
- 4 Releases
- 5 Episode list
- 6 External links
As many of the characters of Dragon Ball Z begin to regain a normal life, they were once again threatened. This time Freeza had returned, having survived his fight against Son Goku on Planet Namek. Freeza has been cybernetically enhanced and was arriving on Earth with his equally diabolical father, Cold. Son Gohan and the others attempted to intercept Freeza and stop the tyrant, but by the time they reached him, he and his father had already been defeated by a mysterious young fighter, later revealed to be Future Trunks.
Following Future Trunks' suggestion, they waited for the supposed imminent arrival of Goku. Trunks refused to reveal anything about him. When Goku arrived, Trunks and Goku left to talk alone and Trunks told him his story, including his time travel. He warned him of the upcoming threat of the Artificial Humans. He also told Goku that he would die from a new virus in the present, but which had a cure created in the future. Future Trunks gave him the antidote and warned him not to divulgue any details of his identity to the rest before departing back to the future. Piccolo had heard the conversation with his enhanced ears and told the story to the others, but without revealing anything that could endanger the birth of Future Trunks.
The remainder of the Trunks arc shows the training that takes place by many of the Z Warriors in order to prepare for the arrival of the Artificial Humans. There is also an ordeal Goku and Piccolo face on Chichi's request: a driving test in order to receive their driver's licenses. However, their inability to acquire a driver's license is the least of their worries when the day of the Artificial Human invasion comes.
- Future Trunks vs. King Cold's soldiers
- Future Trunks (Super Saiyan) vs. Mecha Frieza
- Future Trunks (Super Saiyan) vs. King Cold
- Future Trunks (Super Saiyan) vs Goku (Super Saiyan) (sparring)
- Tien vs. Chiaotzu (training)
- Goku vs. Piccolo (training)
- Goku and Piccolo vs. Gohan (training)
FUNimation's Trunks Saga
(Available on VHS and DVD)
- Trunks - Mysterious Youth (103-105)
- Trunks - Prelude To Terror (106-108)
- Trunks - Prelude To Terror (106-110)
FUNimation's Dragon Ball Z Remastered Season Box Sets
(Only available on DVD)
- Dragon Ball Z Season Four Remastered Box Set (108-139) (only episodes 118-125 are part of the Trunks Saga)
Madman Entertainment's DVD
- Trunks - Z Warriors Prepare (109-110) (Also including the World of Dragon Ball Z)
Burger King Promotional VHS
- Trunks - Z Warriors Prepare (109-110)
Note: this is reflective of the English version of the show.
Uncut Version (8 episodes)
- 118. Frieza's Counterattack
- 119. The Mysterious Youth
- 120. Another Super Saiyan?
- 121. Welcome Back Goku
- 122. Mystery Revealed
- 123. Goku's Special Technique
- 124. Z Warriors Prepare
- 125. Goku's Ordeal
Edited Version (8 episodes)
- 103. Frieza's Counterattack
- 104. The Mysterious Youth
- 105. Another Super Saiyan?
- 106. Welcome Back Goku
- 107. Mystery Revealed
- 108. Goku's Special Technique
- 109. Z Warriors Prepare
- 110. Goku's Ordeal