DBZK Episode 1
From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
The episode begins with a flashback to the birth of Goku on Planet Vegeta, Bardock facing Frieza, and the Genocide of the Saiyans. It then shows Grandpa Gohan finding Goku, and other important events throughout Dragon Ball, such as Goku's defeat of King Piccolo. It mentions 5 years have passed since the end of Dragon Ball. Then, an odd-looking spaceship is shown flying through space.
We are then shown Chichi, now Goku's wife, calling for their son, Son Gohan. She tells Goku to go find their son. Goku finds that Gohan has fallen into a river holding onto a log. Goku is able to save Gohan before he goes over a waterfall, but wonders how Gohan was able to jump several feet above the waterfall to where he rescued him.
We see that the odd-looking spaceship has landed in the field of the Farmer. When he goes to investigate, out of the ship comes a man wearing a device over his eye. He reads the farmer's battle power as 5. When the farmer tries to shoot the man, the man kills him. He then reads a power level in the distance and flies off to it. The power level belongs to Piccolo. However, the man mentions he is not Kakarrot, and reads his power level as 322. Just when they are about to fight, the man reads another power level and leaves.
Bulma then arrives at the Kame House, where she meets Roshi, Krillin, and Turtle. Goku arrives not much later, and everyone is surprised to find out that Gohan is his son. When they see that Gohan has a tail, Goku reveals that he has never seen a full moon. He also says that Chichi won't let him train Gohan, as he needs to focus on his studying. Goku suddenly feels a large power heading towards them. The man lands on the island and starts calling Goku Kakarot. Krillin tries to get him to leave, but the man hits Krillin into the Kame House, also revealing that he has a tail, like Goku used to.
- Goku and Chi-Chi have gotten married and have and have a son named Gohan.
- Raditz arrived on Earth to find Goku.
- Raditz vs. Krillin (Victor=Raditz).
Differences from the manga
- The ending scene of Dragon Ball Z: Bardock: The Father of Goku is added to the beginning.
- A recap of Dragon Ball is added.
- A scene where Goku rescues Gohan from falling into a waterfall is added.
- When Raditz catches the Farmer's bullet in the Toonzai broadcast, it is some sort of blue, bullet-like energy packet instead.
- Most of the blood and the Farmer's cigarette are edited out in the Nicktoons broadcast.
- Dragon Ball Kai: Volume One (DVD)
- Dragon Ball Kai: Volume One (BRD)
- Dragon Ball Z Kai: Part One (DVD)
- Dragon Ball Z Kai: Part One (BRD)
- Watch this episode at 4Kids TV
"The episode begins with a flashback of the destruction of Planet Vegeta at the hands of Frieza, and the upbringing of Goku on Earth as depicted in the original Dragon Ball series. Five years have passed since Goku's victory over Piccolo at the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament, and he has since married Chi-Chi and now has a son named Gohan. Goku and Gohan are heading towards a reunion with Goku's friends. Elsewhere, an odd-looking spacecraft crash lands on Earth. A man in battle armor emerges from the vessel and flies off to scout out a powerful life form he locates with the help of an apparatus on his eye. Piccolo is nearly killed by the stranger, but this is averted when the man leaves to scout out a more powerful life form. The other strong life form is Goku, who at Master Roshi's house presents his son to Roshi, Krillin, and Bulma. The stranger arrives and speaks to Goku in a familiar manner." cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.