Mouth Energy Wave
From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
The Mouth Energy Wave (口 から 気功波, Kuchi Kara Kikōha; Literally meaning "Mouth from Spirit Work Wave") is an energy beam wave attack used by many fighters.
The Mouth Energy Wave has several almost identical energy wave attacks used by different characters in the same way, by blasting a huge amount of energy from their mouth. It is a very swift technique and quite powerful, with exploding and piercing properties depending on the way it is used.
It is used by several Namekian characters towards the latter part of Dragon Ball. During the King Piccolo Saga, Tambourine used it to destroy Son Goku's original Kinto Un and Piccolo Daimao used it to destroy Shen Long after having his youth restored. During the Piccolo Jr. Saga, Piccolo used this attack at the 23rd Tenkaichi Tournament after using Kyodaika and again as a sudden attack to pierce a large hole through Goku's right shoulder. He also used it during the Vegeta Saga to quickly destroy the final Saibaiman in the form of the Bakuretsu Makoho. Dodoria used it to try to kill Bardock – but the Saiyan survived, albeit heavily injured – and to kill one Namekian child, Cargot, in the anime (in the manga, Freeza's Death Beam did the deed). Majin Boo was perhaps the most famous user of this technique, having used it many times in his Fat Boo and Super Boo forms.
- 口 (kuchi) - mouth
- から (kara) - from
- 気 (ki) - spirit
- 功 (kō) - work
- 波 (ha) - wave
The N'cha Cannon (んちゃ 砲, N'cha Hō) is Arale Norimaki's secret weapon. The N'cha Cannon is a very powerful beam shot from the mouth. To use it, Arale takes a deep breath before yelling out her signature greeting, "N'cha'"(or another greetin, on a rare occasion) very loudly. Though this is devastating, using it repeatedly or when low in battery power, can drain her energy supply and render her immobile.
Saiko no Kogeki
The Saiko no Kogeki (最高 の 攻撃; Literally meaning "Best of Attack"; Saikō no Kōgeki) is the name usually given to this technique when it is used by Nappa, Super Boo, or Gotenks. This beam explodes upon striking the target.
Super Boo used the Gack! attack on Gotenks as a surprise attack and laughed at the result, only for Gotenks to comically use the same move back at him. This is one of the most powerful attacks – if not the most powerful – available to Gotenks (he can do it only at Super Saiyan 3). He managed to injure Super Boo to some extent, but he was able to regenerate.
Recoome Eraser Gun
The Recoome Eraser Gun is one of ReaCoom's attacks and looks the same as any other energy wave from the mouth. This technique can erase anything in its path, and it can even harm its own user if his mouth is closed during the attack, as it did when Kuririn kicked ReaCoom to save Vegeta, ending the attack and destroying most of ReaCoom's teeth. The blast is powerful enough to warp parts of a planet's terrain despite having been stopped beforehand (as it did to Planet Namek).
As seen on several occasions and in many flashbacks, Saiyans in Great Ape and Golden Great Ape forms can use mouth energy waves of enormously devastating power. These kinds of energy waves are powerful to the point of resulting in explosions, causing great destruction. Nappa once used a mouth energy wave without having to turn into a Great Ape, meaning that other Saiyans, and probably most other fighters, are capable of doing it as well.
Dodoria's most frequently used technique is the mouth blast. He uses it mainly as a finishing move, which ensures the fact that mouth blast is one of the most powerful techniques in his arsenal. Dodoria used it in an attempt to destroy Bardock in the movie, Dragon Ball Z: Bardock: The Father of Goku. He later used it numerous times in the Namek Saga on Krillin, Dende, and Gohan.
It is named Kuchi kara Enerugiiha (口 から エネルギー波, Kuchi kara Enerugiiha) in Dragon Ball Z: Kyōshū! Saiya-jin.
There are three basic variations of the Chou Makouhou in the Budokai Tenkaichi video game series:
- Chou Makouhou – The generic name for the Mouth Energy Wave in the games. It is a common Blast 2 (Super Move) and functions like a Kamehameha (from the mouth), firing in a straight line. It can also clash with other similar Blast 2s.
- Chou Makouhou Barrage – A rapid fire version of the Cho Makoho. The mouth blast equivalent of Full Power Energy Barrage Wave.
- Chou Makousen – A mouth blast that sweeps from left to right are being fired. Used only by Great Ape characters and Hirudegarn.
Note: These techniques are often used by Great Ape and other giant characters.
There are also several character-specific Mouth Energy Wave techniques.
- Bakuretsu Mahoko – (Early) Piccolo's rushing Blast 2 attack that ends with a Mouth Energy Wave. It is the same move used by Piccolo (in the manga and the anime) to defeat the last Saibaiman (though it is slightly altered to better fit the game). The blast is also similar to the one he used to fatally wound Goku at the 23rd Tenkaichi Tournament.
- Break Cannon – Nappa's ultimate move. It is similar to the Chou Makouhou.
- Darkness Blaster – Giant Slugg's ultimate technique. A devastating Mouth Energy Wave technique similar to the Chou Makouhou.
- Giga Meteor Storm – Great Ape Bardock's ultimate move. It is similar to the generic Chou Makouhou Barrage, but more powerful.
- N'cha Cannon – Arale Norimaki's ultimate move. It is a powerful Mouth Energy Wave.
- Planet Geyser – Doctor Uiro's ultimate technique.
- Recoome Eraser Gun – Recoome's signature move. Capable of distorting a planet's terrain.
- Great Ape – Cho Makoho, Cho Makoho Barrage, and/or Cho Makosen. Most Great Apes can perform at least one of these.
- Piccolo Daimao – Kuchikarakikoha
- Piccolo – Kuchikarakikoha/Bakuretsu Mahoko - an attack where Piccolo grabs the opponent's arm and hits them with a gut-punch, followed by him flinging the "stunned opponent" through the air and following through with a Kuchikarakikoha at the still airborne opponent, from a standing position.
- Tambourine – Kuchikarakikoha
- Nappa – Kapa or Break Cannon/Cho Makoho as a Great Ape
- Bardock – Giga Meteor Storm
- Dodoria – Kuchikarakikoha
- Recoome – Recoome Eraser Gun
- Doctor Uiro – Planet Geyser
- Giant Slugg – Darkness Blaster in Giant form. Slugg's version of the Kuchikarakikoha.
- Majin Boo – Cho Makoho
- Gotenks (Super Saiyan 3) – Revenge Cannon
- Super Boo – Saiko no Kogeki/Victory Cannon after absorbing Gotenks/Kuchikarakikoha and possibly Bakuretsu Makoho after absorbing Piccolo.
- Janemba – Cho Makoho or Super Breath Cannon
- Hirudegarn – Cho Makousen
Boo was also able to use this attack; it has not been named and it cannot be assumed which one is it (because Boo got both Saiko no Kogeki by absorbing Gotenks and Kuchikarakikouha by absorbing Piccolo). Though it may not have come from either since he used the attack on Gotenks before he absorbed him.