Golden Great Ape
From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
Golden Great Ape (黄金 大猿, Ōgon Ōzaru; Literally meaning "Gold Large Monkey"), Super Great Ape (超大猿, Chō-ōzaru; Literally meaning "Super Large Monkey"), or Golden Oozaru (黄金 大猿, Ōgon Ōzaru; Literally meaning "Gold Large Monkey") is an alternative and far stronger type of Great Ape only seen in Dragon Ball GT. It is attained by Saiyans who can turn into a regular Great Ape, have sufficient battle power, and are already in use of the Super Saiyan form and above.
Aside from its fur being golden-colored and standing on end, its appearance is mostly identical to that of a regular Great Ape (except Great Ape Baby, whose skin is inexplicably blue-colored, possibly as a result of the mutations Baby was performing on Vegeta's body). Additionally, a golden, crackling aura is sometimes visible around the user. Usually, the hairs on its head are pointing a little upward, similar to what happens when a Saiyan turns into a Super Saiyan.
It is named Ōgon no Ōzaru (黄金 の 大猿, Ōgon no Ōzaru) in Miracle Battle Carddass Dragon Ball Kai.
- Speed – Depending on who the user is, Golden Great Apes can also be faster than some other giants.
The power of the Golden Great Ape multiplies manyfold, which far surpasses that of the Great Apes' in all areas. While in this form, the power and strength of a Saiyan increases drastically. They have the same abilities as the Great Ape, but more powerful and destructive, and their rage's peak goes so high that they can cause major destruction. Their berserk condition also increases to the point of becoming uncontrollable. In this form, Goku is more than a match for Baby, but is unable to focus on fighting against him.
- Fire Breath – They fire a gigantic blaze that severely incinerates the surrounding area and any foes within it.
- Ki Blast
- Mouth Energy Wave – One of the Golden Great Ape's most commonly used techniques. They fire mouth energy waves. It is unknown if the blast waves from the Golden Great Ape can be strengthened like the ki-based techniques.
- Rush attack – They can also attack their opponents by inflicting high physical damage.
- They can perform other actions that a Human-sized fighter can do depending on the user.
- The Golden Great Ape may have been a take on Vegeta's story of the Legendary Super Saiyan given in Dragon Ball Z. While there was one other, the Original Super Saiyan, it is said that he could only hold the Legendary Super Saiyan form while transformed into an Great Ape, hence the Super Saiyan/Golden Great Ape.
- When Vegeta believes that Goku has become a Super Saiyan in Goku's New Power, a Great Ape is shown in a cutscene while he describes the legend. The lighting in the scene makes it difficult to tell whether it is a Golden Great Ape or the weaker, regular form. It could be a Golden Great Ape because it has Super Saiyan-esque hair which a Great Ape does not possess.