DBZ Episode 2
From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
Bulma visits the Kame House, where Muten Roshi, Kuririn, and Umigame have been living, bringing a gift of manju buns. They ask Bulma how Yamucha is doing and she tells them she purposely did not tell him about the gathering at the Kame House. She asks about Lunch and they tell her that she went chasing after Tenshinhan five years ago. Riding his Kinto Un, Son Goku arrives with his four-year old child, Son Gohan, whom he introduces to the group. Muten Roshi points out that Son Goku has named him after his late grandfather. Bulma is impressed with how proper Son Gohan's speech is, in light of his parents, with Son Gohan saying he wants to grow up to be a scholar. Son Goku tells her how Chichi is quite strict about the education Son Gohan receives, and how she does not like him training Son Gohan. Everyone then realizes that Son Gohan has a tail and collectively worry, while Son Goku does not see what the big deal is. After a delicately-worded question to Son Goku, they are relieved to hear that his family goes to bed early, not giving Son Gohan a chance to ever see a full moon. Muten Roshi is surprised at how Son Goku still has a lot of strength considering he now has a wife and child. Son Goku mentions that he has three Dragon Balls: Si Xing Qui, San Xing Qui, and Liu Xing Qui.
Before they go inside, however, Son Goku senses a strong presence headed their way. The mysterious stranger that landed earlier on Earth soon appears. Kuririn, unaware of the strength the stranger possesses, attempts to show him off the island thinking he is just a drunkard. Raditz knocks Kuririn through the side of the Kame House with his tail. Raditz identifies Son Goku as Kakarrot and berates him for not completing his "mission". Further complicating matters, Raditz also claims that Son Goku is a Saiyan warrior and that he and Son Goku are in fact brothers, noting that he looks just like their father.
Son Goku understandably thinks that Raditz is insane, but Muten Roshi reveals that there may be some truth to the evil Saiyan's words.
Muten Roshi reveals that Son Goku's adopted grandfather, Son Gohan found a strange round capsule in a valley containing a baby with a tail, Son Goku. He explains that, as he tried to take care of him, Son Goku was violent and ill-tempered. One day, an accident happened where Sun Goku fell into a ravine and hit his head, causing a case of amnesia in which Son Goku forgot about his original Saiyan programming which, in turn, changed Son Goku into the happy, amicable child that everyone came to know and love.
This new revelation shocks Son Goku, especially after being told that he is not a Human from this planet. Raditz then goes on to state that the Saiyans go from planet to planet destroying any civilization that exists. They then sell the planet to other extraterrestrials. Planets with high battle power are invaded by adult Saiyans, while weak planets are left to baby Saiyans. Son Goku was sent to Earth for that purpose. Raditz also reveals that the Saiyans' original home planet, Planet Vegeta was destroyed by a giant meteor sometime after Son Goku's departure to Earth, and that there are only four Saiyans left including themselves. Raditz and another were assaulting anther planet, while the third Saiyan lived because they had been sent to a different planet like Son Goku.
Finally, Raditz mentions that he needs his brother's help in destroying all life on a distant planet. Son Goku refuses, which prompts Raditz to notice Son Gohan, who still retains his Saiyan tail. Raditz threatens the fate of the child. Son Goku tries to stop him, but is dealt a powerful kick to the stomach, sending him to the ground.
Raditz then kidnaps Son Gohan, telling Son Goku he has one day to kill one hundred of the planet's Humans if he ever wishes to see his son again.
- There is a timeline issue with this episode and Return my Gohan!!, a Dragon Ball Z movie. Return my Gohan!! is supposed to have taken place before this episode (between Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z), but Kuririn acts like he has never seen Son Gohan before when he actually has met him in Return my Gohan!!. See Return my Gohan!! continuity.
- When Raditz is speaking to Son Goku and the gang, he makes a reference to the history of Planet Vegeta. He says "3 years ago, our planet was destroyed by meteorites", but assuming Goku grew up as fast as a Human, this is incorrect. Furthermore, in A Final Solitary Battle: The Z Warrior Kakarrot's Father Challenges Freeza it is stated that around 12 years have passed since the beginning of the Emperor Pilaf Saga in Dragon Ball .
- In the FUNimation subtitles, Raditz does not mention how many years ago the planet was hit by the giant meteor.
- In the beginning, when the Narrator is explaining what happened in the previous episode, it is heard that Piccolo was the first to meet Raditz face to face, this is not true though, as he in fact met the Farmer with the rifle first.
In the FUNimation subtitles, the Narrator does not mention who Raditz met first.
- In Dragon Ball Z Kai, Son Gohan stated that he wants to be a scholar, but in the original dub of this episode he stated that he wanted to be an orthopedist.
|Brief summary||Son Goku and Son Gohan attend a reunion on Muten Roshi’s island, where Son Goku introduces his son to all of his old friends. The smiles quickly fade, however, as an unexpected visitor – Raditz – lands on the island. +|
|Has subobjectThis property is a special property in this wiki.||DBZ Episode 2 + and DBZ Episode 2 +|