Son Goku Junior
From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
Son Goku Junior (孫 悟空 ジュニア, Son Gokū Junia) is the grandson of Son Pan.
Most of the English dubs state that Son Goku Junior is Pan's grandson and the great-great grandson of Son Goku, which would make him 1/16 Saiyan. The FUNimation sub, however, revealed him to be the great-great grandson of Pan, not Goku, so this heavily decreases the amount of Saiyan blood in him. This makes more sense considering that there is a 100 year age gap between Pan and Goku Junior. Also, Goku must have known that he was more than a great-great grandfather to Goku Junior because he tried to continue on after the second "great" (he was having trouble after two "greats").
Normally, Goku Junior wears a light blue gi with a white sash tied around his waist, red boots, a red headband, and red wristbands. When fighting in the Tenkaichi Tournament, he wears the blue top and yellow pants that Goku wears throughout Dragon Ball GT over his normal clothes (after Goku's fight against Omega Shen Long, these were all torn).
Goku Junior's appearance strongly resembles that of the original Goku (similar to Goten's former resemblance to Goku) down to his signature hairstyle. He is only seen once in the series, in the last episode of Dragon Ball GT, fighting in what is later said to be the 64th Tenkaichi Tournament against Vegeta Junior (a distant descendant of Vegeta). Both characters are able to achieve the Super Saiyan form even though it is stated by Akira Toriyama in the Daizenshuu, published long before Goku Junior's appearance, that anyone without over a quarter Saiyan heritage cannot achieve the form due to their blood being too diluted. Goku Junior's gi resembles Goku's gi with the exception of having blue pants and a teal shirt underneath his vest (though in the finale of Dragon Ball GT, he wears Goku's preserved, ancient gi). Goku Junior's hair is in the same style, shape, and form as that of Goku. He has black hair and black eyes (though they appear to have a dark blue tint when he is emotional, possibly as a reference to his great-great-great grandmother Videl having blue eyes). Goku Junior's skin mostly resembles that of his great-great-great grandfather, Gohan. Also, Goku Junior wears a headband similar to the one Bardock, his great-great-great-great-great grandfather, is seen wearing.
Dragon Ball GT
Goku Junior appeared in "Until We Meet Again..."
Dragon Ball GT: A Hero's Legacy
Main article: Dragon Ball GT: A Hero's Legacy
Details about Goku Junior were further elaborated on in Dragon Ball GT: A Hero's Legacy. He was revealed to be by nature a very timid, peace-loving boy who would rather play and avoid conflict than train or get into fights (much to his grandmother's chagrin). He also appeared to be a bit of a crybaby, somewhat like Gohan's attitude before being taken in by Piccolo. After Pan fell victim to an illness, however, Goku Junior went on a mission to restore her health with the Dragon Balls.
He was not given a true percentage of Saiyan heritage in the Dragon Ball GT: Pāfekuto Fairu and is simply labeled as a descendant of Goku and Pan.
Main article: Super Saiyan
Goku Junior first obtained this form after seeing his dear friends almost being killed by the Yao. Upon his transformation, he easily defeated the Yao and scared off his servants, but then forgot how he had transformed. However, by the time he fought Vegeta Junior, he had learned to transform at will like the other masters of this form.
There is some confusion in the Dragon Ball GT film in regards to whether Goku Junior initially transformed into a Super Saiyan or a Super Saiyan 2 (though it is clearly stated in the Dragon Ball GT: Pāfekuto Fairu that he only transformed into a Super Saiyan). While it is expected that he only reached Super Saiyan during his spontaneous transformation (as no other Saiyan was ever seen ascending straight to their Super Saiyan 2 forms in their first Super Saiyan transformations), Goku Junior's first transformation into Super Saiyan resulted in golden electric sparks like a Super Saiyan 2 did at multiple points in the series. His hairstyle did not resemble Goku's hairstyle, however, in the transformation, but instead his regular Super Saiyan form. This, coupled with Toei Animation's tendencies to either misplace lightning sparks on auras of characters of all kinds or forget them altogether from the Super Saiyan 2 or Super Saiyan 3 users in the manga, likely means he was only intended to be a regular Super Saiyan in both his transformations. Innumerable examples of a cognate case are seen throughout Dragon Ball Z and DBGT series, such as Goku's Super Saiyan transformation in his tournament match with Pikkon and his first Super Saiyan transformation in front of Ledgic in DBGT, where in both cases blue electricity can be seen despite it clearly being a Super Saiyan transformation.
- Bukujutsu – When Goku Junior first appears, he is only trained in basic fighting. When he appears at the Tenkaichi Tournament and fight against Vegeta Junior, he shows the ability to fly.
- Ki Blast
- Goku Junior does not exist in Future Trunks Brief's and Future Cell's alternate timeline because Gohan never met Videl before he died (if she even survived to begin with), meaning his great-great grandmother, Pan, never existed.
- Goku Junior wears a red headband. This may be a homage to his great-great-great-great-great grandfather Bardock, who similarly wears one around his head. Also, the character Sun Wukong from the Journey to the West fables, whom his ancestor Goku is based on, has a restrictive headband that ironically mirrors the one Broly has on in his first appearance. It is also worth noting that in one of the chapter covers for Gohan's training sessions, he is depicted with a headband and at times the same outfit as the one Sun Wukong wears. He also wears a headband when he enters the battle with Nappa and Vegeta during the Saiyan Saga.
- Goku Junior has some similarities with Gohan at a young age. They both showed an unwillingness to fight, but then a special event in their lives caused them to overcome their fears and protect their friends, coincidentally Bardock wore a Red Band(To honor his friend who was killed by Dodoria) to confront Freeza.
- By Dr. Slump's timeline (as well as in the real world), the events in A Hero's Legacy take place in 2129 Age.