From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
He made his debut in a flashback in "Earth's Guardian Emerges". He continued making cameo appearances in flashbacks throughout Dragon Ball and reappeared in "Plans for Departure". He continued to make brief cameo appearances in Dragon Ball Z.
Nameless Namekian was born on Planet Namek in 242 Age to Katas. As a child, the planet underwent a catastrophic natural disaster that killed everyone except for himself, Grand Elder, and Slugg. To survive, he was launched into outer space by his father in a spaceship, which required at least a basic knowledge of the ancient Namekian language to pilot. The spaceship landed on Planet Earth in the frigid Yunzabit Heights. The Nameless Namekian spent his life here alone from youth through adolescence. In the story of his origin told to Mister Popo, Kami confessed that he had no memory of how he (as he was the embodiment of the Nameless Namekian's essence of good) had come upon Yunzabit Heights (he was not even aware of being an alien until Piccolo Junior was made aware of this by Nappa and Vegeta because of an accident early in his life which rendered him an amnesiac. As Nameless Namekian grew up, he looked to the sky for an explanation of his origins. He used the Namekian Spaceship as a house while he awaited someone to find him. After many years, the disappointed Namekian eventually left Yunzabit Heights to explore the rest of Planet Earth, but with false hope would return on occasion to see if anything had changed.
As he explored the world, his pure heart was tainted by all the violence and hate he found. Later in his life, when Nameless Namekian sought the position of Kami of Planet Earth, the then-current Kami rejected him because of these evil essences suppressed in his soul. The dedicated Namekian went on to separate himself from his evil, which took the form of the self-proclaimed Piccolo Daimao. It was revealed in Dragon Ball Z: Dead Zone and later during the Garlic Jr. Saga that Garlic had been Nameless Namekian's adversary with whom he competed for the position of the next Kami of Planet Earth. Nameless Namekian was able to outclass Garlic in the competition after separating himself from his evil essence as Garlic's ambitions for the position were far more selfish in nature.
This Fission had two significant drawbacks. First, their battle powers took a huge plummet. It was believed by the rest of the Namekians during the Frieza Saga that Nameless Namekian could have easily defeated Freeza, who had a maximum power of 120,000,000. When he separated, however, their battle powers plummeted to less than 300 each.
Second, though Kami and Piccolo Daimao were separate, they were spiritually linked as if one died then the other died as well. Piccolo Daimao wreaked havoc on Planet Earth for several years before being sealed away by Mutaito, only to be freed by Pilaf decades later, and finally killed by an adolescent Son Goku thereafter. Before dying, Piccolo Daimao created a final son named Piccolo, who from that point onward shared a lifeline with Kami (had Piccolo Daimao not done this, Kami would have died as well).
After Kami merged with Piccolo (as Piccolo was the offspring and reincarnation of Piccolo Daimao), Nameless Namekian made his triumphant return, though with Piccolo's outfit and appearance and preference with being named Piccolo. Some characters such as Kuririn and Goku at first had trouble referring to him as Piccolo. For example, after recovering from his Heart Virus, Goku met with the Z Warriors for the first time since the Fusion of Kami and Piccolo and called him Kamiccolo. Piccolo got irritated and shouted, "Look, I've gone through some changes, but my name is still Piccolo!".
Nameless Namekian appeared in Dragon Ball Z: Dead Zone.
It is unknown what personality the Nameless Namekian has before he splits into Kami and Piccolo Daimao. When the two reunite, however, he seems to be dominantly Piccolo. This is possibly due to the fact that Piccolo is stronger than Kami and so, just like East Kaioshin was to Kibit, his personality remaines. The Nameless Namekian, however, does display increased intelligence, particularly on the battlefield, by thinking up strategies on the spot. Since his strength becomes obsolete due to the Super Saiyans, his wisdom becomes his most valuable asset to the Z Warriors.
- Japanese dub: Takeshi Aono and Toshio Furukawa (DBZ Episode 141 onward)
- Westwood dub: Scott McNeil and Ethan Cole
- FUNimation dub: Christopher R. Sabat
- In most of the flashbacks that he appears in during Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, he eventually splits into two beings.
- It is implied in Supersonic Warriors that the Nameless Namekian's full potential can only be unlocked if Piccolo fuses with not only Kami, but also with his father/reincarnate, Piccolo Daimao, since Piccolo is the reincarnation of Piccolo Daimao and not Piccolo Daimao himself. Piccolo himself states, however, that this would mean inviting evil back into his heart (but considering the ending, it is likely Piccolo could suppress it). According to this alternate version, the Nameless Namekian is surprisingly capable of even surpassing Super Boo in power (although it still is not enough to destroy Super Boo).
- Shortly before the battle against Freeza on Planet Namek, Piccolo fuses with another Namekian named Nail. Nail earlier cryptically references the Nameless Namekian when he notes that if Piccolo had come in his "original form" he would have been much stronger.
- In the manga, Guru says that the Nameless Namekian's original potential was so great that only a Super Saiyan could have a chance of defeating him (which is further supported by the fact that as soon as Piccolo arrives on Planet Namek, a near-dead Nail immediately states that he could have defeated the same Freeza that he himself had lost horribly against if he were to fuse with Kami). This could be argued, however, as it is later stated that after fusing with Kami, Piccolo's potential is even greater than an unmastered Super Saiyan according to Kirurin during the Imperfect Cell Saga. One of the reasons why this could be possible is because Piccolo is stronger than his father/reincarnate, Piccolo Daimao, and grows much stronger fusing with Nail prior to Piccolo fusing with Kami. In addition, the chapter cover for a training period between the death of Freeza and the arrival of the Artificial Humans depicts Piccolo and Gohan training with a Super Saiyan Goku, and after the three years, Kuririn is in awe after witnessing his growth in power against Doctor Gero (a fight in which Piccolo dominates against him despite the Artificial Human draining him of his power earlier and absorbing energy from a blast from Vegeta intended to destroy the rocky terrain that he hid in), remarking, "He's so strong... and he's not even a Super Saiyan!".
- Interestingly, both the Nameless Namekian and Goku have some things in common. They both suffered injuries that resulted in them becoming amnesiacs (though Goku did regain his knowledge by it being told to him and the Nameless Namekian only regained his by fusing with Kami) and they both came to Planet Earth on a spaceship when they were children.