From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia
Paragas (パラガス, Paragasu) is the father of Broly.
Paragas' Japanese name is a pun on the word Asuparagasu, or Asparagus in English.
When King Vegeta realized the power of Paragas' son, Broly, he ordered Broly to be executed. Paragas tried to plead with him, stating that Broly was only a child, but his pleas fell on deaf ears and he was ordered to be executed as well. They were both thrown out like garbage, although they both survived. On the same day, Freeza destroyed Planet Vegeta and Broly used a sphere of his own power to protect himself and Paragas, transporting them to another planet. Apparently, he knew Bardock since he recognized Goku as the former's son. Paragas raised Broly and eventually had a scientist create a crown capable of restraining and controlling Broly's rage and power after an incident in which Broly gouged out his left eye with a single punch. He later came up with a plan to get revenge upon Vegeta by luring him to a ruined planet in the way of a massive comet, Comet Camori, which would destroy the planet and kill everyone on it in the process. The plan failed, however, when Broly broke the crown, went berserk, and attacked Goku and the others. When Paragas attempted to flee in his escape pod, (expressing regret in regards to having to abandon Broly to his fate), Broly killed him by crushing the pod and throwing it into the approaching comet.
Paragas appeared during cutscenes with Broly in Dragon Ball Z: Super Sonic Warriors 2.
- Paragas apparently knows about Bardock since he automatically recognizes Goku as Bardock's son.
- Paragas' Saiyan Armor resembles Yardrat Battle Armor. It also frequently changes colors throughout various flashbacks (and in one case it looks like he in not wearing any armor). Paragas is the first evil Saiyan to wear armor different to that worn by those working for Freeza.
- Although Paragas uses a Ki Blast against Moah, one of his soldiers, when he discovers Paragas' plan to let Comet Camori destroy New Planet Vegeta, Paragas is never seen fighting in the films.
- Paragas is the only Saiyan known to have survived King Vegeta's Execution Beam.
- Seeing how Broly is outfitted with the ring at least 15 years before the events of the film, and North Kaio's reaction to the entire Southern Galaxy (or at least most of it) being destroyed by Broly as if it just happened recently, it is most likely that Paragas had used Broly to destroy the remaining planets in the Southern Galaxy.
- Paragas is the last normal Saiyan to be killed. Ironically, he is also the only Saiyan Broly successfully manages to kill.
- Paragas is similar to Babidi and Bibidi. Both enslave a far more powerful character and are killed by them. Both slave characters have someone in their family line being responsible for creating them (Paragas is Broly's father and Majin Boo is created by Bibidi). On a related note, both slave characters are very hard to control when they are younger (Bibidi has a degree of difficulty of completely controlling Kid Boo until he absorbs Grand Kaioshin. Paragas has a lot of difficulty in regards to controlling Broly in his younger years prior to creating his crown).