DBZ Episode 195
From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
Son Goku, Bubbles, Gregory, and North Kaio were on the Serpentine Road. Goku wants to go to the Next World to meet the fighters there, and rushes off to get there, and in a comical routine of rushing off and then running backwards to North Kao (complete with music playing backwards whenever Goku runs backwards), Goku figures out from North Kaio that he needs to catch a plane to get to other world and he needs to return to Yama's Palace to get to the plane. Goku finally uses his Instant Transmission to bring all four of them there instantly. In Yama's judging place Goku and King Kai get permission to board the plane and they leave Bubbles and Gregory with Yama. Goku and Grand Kaio board the plane and while the plane is bringing them to planet of the Kai's the duo see a lot of the Next World.
They soon arrived on Grand Kaio's World and saw West Kaio, a green alien, and some warriors waiting for Grand Kaio for a message. After the West Kaio's make fun of King Kai for being dead (and all the goofiness has ended), Grand Kaio comes. He starts to dance with the music coming from his boom box and then he prepared to tell his order or message. Everyone had bowed down at his presence but Goku, but he is forced to anyway. Grand Kaio explains trouble in Hell (he explains but you see a flashback). King Yemma had Cell in his judging place and Yama opened a trap door, in which Cell fell into it arriving (flashback ends) in Hell. Cell and Freeza had teamed up and were causing terror.
Grand Kaio assigns the green alien called Pikkon to go to Hell and face the evil duo, but Goku agrees to join him knowing he can't fight them by himself. Goku and Pikkon go to Hell where they meet Goz and Mez. Then they see Cell and Freeza beating on two other ogres. Cold and the Ginyu Force are also there then Cell flings an Ogre to Needle Mountain, but Goku saves the Ogre. Freeza is surprised to see Goku and sends Burter, Jeice, Recoome and Guldo out to fight Goku. Goku fights them and with one hit each they fall into the Bloody Pond. Cell then attacks Goku frightening Goku, but Pikkon knocks Cell into the Bloody Pond, thus scaring Freeza. Pikkon easily beats up Freeza and Cold, then Pikkon does a spinning attack and Cell and the Ginyu Force get impacted out of the Bloody Pond ,and he throws them to Needle Mountain. Next, Freeza, Cell, the Ginyu Force, and Cold were shown beaten up in a jail cell. Goku and Pikkon return to the Kaios and Goku explains to North Kaio of Pikkon's immense energy, he even wants to fight him, and North Kaio just wants Goku to be wise.
- In the original Japanese promotional clip for this episode (as seen in the last episode), Goku turns Super Saiyan as he fights the past enemies. For an unknown reason, however, Toei Animation decided that Goku would hide his Super Saiyan transformation from Paikuhan until the two actually fought. Since the animation for the episode was already done and there was no time to change Goku's hair completely, Toei Animation went in and digitally altered Goku's hair black, giving him a look similar to a False Super Saiyan. (See right.)
- Two Shamoians make a cameo appearance.
- A Kanassan makes a cameo appearance.
- This is the only time Goku fights against Ghurd.
- It is very odd that Goku has to power up at all to fight against the Ginyu Force since on Planet Namek he was easily able to crush them without even using the Kaio-ken. This is possibly due to them getting stronger while being in Hell for so long.
- The events of the second part of the episode are altered in the video game Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2 where instead of Goku being helped by Pikkon, he goes to fight Freeza and Cell with Bardock who was a participant in the Next World Tournament.
- DBZ The Mystery Of The Black Haired Super Saiyan – An explanation of the "black-haired Super Saiyan Goku" seen in this episode.
|Great Saiyaman Saga|
|Warriors of the Dead • Tournament Begins • Water Fight • Final Round • Goku vs. Pikkon • Gohan Goes to High School • I am Saiyaman • Gohan's First Date • Rescue Videl • Blackmail • I'll Fight Too! • The Newest Super Saiyan • Take Flight Videl • Gather for the Tournament • Camera Shy|
"Goku and King Kai arrive in the Otherworld. King Kai explains that the galaxy is divided into four quadrants: north, south, east, and west, and that each of these quadrants has a Kai. King Kai watches over the north. Above these four is the Grand Kai. Goku and King Kai go to the Grand Kai's planet, and upon arrival, they learn that Cell, Freeza, King Cold, and the four deceased members of the Ginyu Force are causing trouble in the Home For Infinite Losers. Goku and Pikkon, a warrior from the west quadrant, are dispatched to deal with it. When they get there, Goku takes care of the Ginyu Force, and Pikkon shows off his awesome strength by doing away with the rest of them." cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.