DB Episode 2
From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
As night fell, Son Goku and Bulma Brief ended up stopping near Skull Valley. While Goku thought they would be camping, Bulma pulled out a Hoi Poi Capsule, Number 1, and spawned a house. Once again, he thought she was a witch. He was also confused about the many things inside the house such as lights and the TV.
Bulma noticed that Goku smelled really bad, so she forced him to take a bath. While bathing him, she found out that Goku's tail was real and that he was in control of it due to the fact that he could scrub his back with it. After his bath, Bulma was stunned about his tail and wondered if all guys had tails. Bulma then decided to relax in a bubble bath, but this was ruined when Goku barged in and made comments about her breasts by saying that they were an extra butt (or wanted to scrub her back as all the dubs say). After he said that he was 14 years old, Bulma was angered because he was only two years younger than her. (She thought he was a little boy). She then threw shampoo bottles and other things at him as he ran out.
Meanwhile, Pilaf was enjoying his giant dinner as he admired his One-Star Ball and tortured Shuu, making him pay for his own passing of gas. Afterwards Mai drops in through the ceiling saying that one hundred kilometers north of his castle in Ryugadani stories tell of a glow emanating at night. Pilaf sends Shu and Mai to go and investigate the situation to see if it is a Dragon Ball.
Not liking the food Bulma had cooked, Goku decided to go out looking for some food. After only finding a Centipede, he saw a Bird. This Bird was actually a plane Shuu and Mai were in. After seeing a red glow, they decided to land. Goku showed up and claimed their plane as his "Bird". As many red glows blink on around them, the "red glow" was seen to actually be the eyes of a pack of Wolves. Goku thought they looked yummy and fought them. After he saw Shuu and Mai escape in his "Bird", he used his Nyoibou's extend ability to attack the plane. After the plane crashed, he poked it and realized it was not a bird after all. Goku returned to Bulma with a dead Wolf and a Centipede. After she screamed that he had brought those things back, he ate alone outside. While Bulma brushed her teeth, she asked about Goku's mother and father and he responded that he did not know anything about them and was found by Grandpa Son Gohan. Goku then fell asleep while Bulma was still talking to him, making her angry.
In the morning, Goku woke up early and decided to rest his head on Bulma's lap as he once did when his grandfather was alive. He realized something was different and took her panties off. After Goku screamed that the balls were missing, Bulma woke up not knowing what had happened and thought someone had stolen the Dragon Balls. Goku then went outside to train by crushing boulders and met a Sea Turtle named Kame. Kame said that he had come on land with a group to find mushrooms and had gotten separated from them. He had not been able to find the ocean since that time. Bulma gave him some sea weed and sea water after which Goku offered to take him to the ocean since he had never seen the ocean. Bulma told him that the beach was 120 kilometers south and they did not have time to help. Goku said he would help alone and began jogging down the road with Kame on his back. Afraid for herself, and seeing dinosaurs roaming around, Bulma caught up to Goku on a motorcycle.
Differences from the manga
- The location where Bulma spawns her capsule house looks different.
- In the anime, Bulma turns on the lights using a switch. In the manga, she turns them on by clapping.
- In the manga, Goku was standing close to the bathtub Bulma was bathing in. In the anime, he was at a distance.
- Bulma's reaction to Goku watching her take a bath was changed as well. In the manga, she is surprised when she hears Goku's voice and slips deeper into the tub. In the anime, she sees that Goku is watching her and she covers her breasts while dunking her head under the water. Also in the anime, after Goku ran out from Bulma throwing stuff at him, a shampoo bottle hits him in the forehead.
- The angle is different when Goku removes Bulma's panties while she is sleeping. Her naked crotch, which was visible in the manga, is not shown except as a flashback in "The Last of Mercenary Tao".
- The scene of Bulma watching a romance show on TV and Goku switching it to a giant monster movie freaking her out.
- When Bulma is telling Goku that the towel is supposed to go on his front, he puts it in front of his head.
- Pilaf eating dinner at his table, torturing Shu, and Mai coming in telling him that there may be a Dragon Ball in Ryugadani.
- Goku searching in Ryugadani for food and fighting off Wolves while Mai and Shu cower and have their plane taken out by Goku who thinks it is a bird.
- When Goku is naked standing in front of Bulma in the beginning of Goku's bath scene, there is a stool digitally added to cover his private area in the Ocean Group dub. Also, the bathtub is made a bit taller to cover up his private area when he is in it.
- The scene of Pilaf's bodily gases being shown was cut from the Toonami broadcast.
- In the Ocean Group dub and Toonami broadcast, the scene where Goku takes off Bulma's panties and discovers that girls don't have male private parts was completely removed.
- In the part where Goku is watching the guy play guitar on the TV, Goku says, "What is that awful noise." in the Ocean Group dub.
- In all versions of the English dub, the scene where Bulma is taking a bath and Goku is talking to her about her breasts is dubbed over by him saying that he wants to scrub her back.
- In the Japanese version of this episode, Goku says he is 14 (this is proven false in a later episode with the reason of Goku not knowing how to count) and Bulma says that he is only two years younger than her, revealing that she is 16.
- After Bulma's bath scene when she is in her night gown brushing her hair, she says in the Japanese version that she will call the cops if he ever pulls something like that again. In the English version, she says "it's about time I got some privacy around here".
- This episodes takes place on the same day that Episode 1 took place. Bulma is wearing a completely different outfit which is most likely because she peed in her previous clothes. She did not have an opportunity, however, to change her clothes during the time span unless she had spawned the house earlier, yet Goku did not know about the house until it was spawned in this episode.
- The pants Bulma is wearing at the beginning of this episode are grey. A color error exists in one shot where her pants are blue which is the same color as the jacket she is wearing.
- Bulma's Hoi Poi Capsule case is shown full when two capsules should be missing. (The car Goku broke in the previous episode and the Kawasaki motorcycle she currently had out.)
- A Japanese flag can be seen sticking out of one of Pilaf's dishes on his table, but Japan does not exist in the Dragon World. Also, when you look back, the flag has a star on it instead of a circle.
- Kame is shown to be significantly bigger than Goku in his first anime appearance. He is scaled smaller for the rest of the series, probably because Goku had to carry him on his back.
- The plot to the chapter that this episode adapts was based off the second chapter to one of Akira Toriyama's earlier works, The Adventure of Tongpoo.
- The Owl seen at the beginning of the episode wears the same hat Oolong wears in his debut.
- This is the first episode where Goku and Pilaf's minions meet. This is also the only time they come face to face before Goku reaches Pilaf's castle.
- In the Ocean Group dub, it is revealed that Shu and Mai are not Pilaf's only minions because Mai mentions that another one of his spies left a spy tracker in Skull Valley and was never seen again afterward. It can be assumed that this minion was killed by the Wolves.
- On a wall in the capsule house Bulma creates, a picture of Arale – the heroine of Akira Toriyama's Dr. Slump – can be seen.
- In the Ocean Group dub, Bulma yells when Goku is sleeping "I don't know what planet you came from but it sure isn't Earth". Ironically, she is correct.
- The setting of this episode is where the ending credits to the show take place.
- Scenes from this episode were inserted into the Ocean Group dub of "Dragon Ball: Curse of the Blood Rubies".
"Without realizing where they are, Bulma and Son Goku camp near Ryugadani, a foreboding land where one of the Dragon Balls lies hidden. Pilaf dispatches his henchmen to recover the ball, but they and Son Goku run into each other and a pack of ravenous wolves. Who will emerge the winner?" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.