DB Episode 9
From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
Oolong, Son Goku, and Bulma were traveling in an area unknown to them when their jet car begun to run of gas. Yamucha and Puar followed close behind them. Goku, Bulma, and Oolong found a town and stopped to refuel the jet car, while Bulma took off shopping. Meanwhile, the people of the town all seemed to be scared of Bulma. The gas station owner gave Oolong and Goku the gas for free. A capsule shopkeeper gave Bulma five Hoi Poi Capsules for free even though a house capsule alone cost half a million Zeni. When she entered a clothing shop though and had taken off her bunny girl outfit, the shopkeeper threw her out for scaring him by thinking she was in the Rabbit Gang due to the bunny ears she had worn. When she walked back to the gas station, no one seemed to be afraid of Bulma anymore.
Meanwhile, two armed men wearing rabbit ears patrolled town, pushing people around and kicking over food. They saw Bulma and asked her out, but she refused. When a fight was about to break out, Goku easily defeated them. They then called by radio for their boss to come into town.
The boss turned out to be a giant Rabbit. Meanwhile, from a distance, Yamucha tried to remember something about the giant Rabbit. The boss appeared to call for a truce and offered to shake Bulma’s hand. Yamucha then remembered that the giant Rabbit's name was Usagi Ninjinka and that anyone he touched turned into a carrot. Bulma slapped his hand away as she did not want to shake his hand. She had touched him though, and she turned into a carrot.
Goku prepared to go on the offensive with the Nyoibou, but Usagi Ninjinka threatened to eat Bulma. Goku admitted defeat, while Oolong took off in the jet car. The two subordinates begun to beat up Goku. Yamucha intervened and took out the thugs while Puar, who had transformed into a Bird, took the carrot from Usagi Ninjinka’s hands. Yamucha then informed Goku that the carrot was safe.
Meanwhile, Usagi Ninjinka hopped after the carrot-carrying bird. Puar smacked into a pole and began to fall to the ground with the carrot. Goku, Yamucha, and Usagi Ninjinka lept up at the same instance, but Goku used his staff to knock the carrot away, avoiding any contact with Usagi Ninjinka. Usagi Ninjinka noticed Puar dazed on the ground and threatened to turn Puar into a carrot, but Puar transformed into a copy of Usagi Ninjinka and chased after him and threatened to touch him. Goku then used his staff to smack Usagi Ninjinka in the head and was forced to turn the carrot back into Bulma. Meanwhile, Yamucha and Puar had fled the scene with Yamucha commenting that he couldn't be near her due to his nervousness around women.
Later on, Oolong returned to town and was verbally bashed by Bulma for taking off. Oolong commented that it was better off with Bulma as a carrot. With the Rabbit Gang tied up, Goku used the Nyoibou to extend himself up into the sky out of everyone's view. When he returned to Earth, he explained to everyone that he had left the Rabbit gang on the moon where Rabbits belong.
- Magic Touch – Used by Usagi Ninjinka.
- Son Goku vs. Rabbit Gang Members (Victor: Son Goku)
- Son Goku vs. Usagi Ninjinka (Victor: Draw)
- Son Goku vs. Rabbit Gang Members (Victor: Rabbit Gang Members)
- Son Goku, Yamucha, and Puar vs. Rabbit Gang (Victor: Son Goku, Yamucha, and Puar)
Differences from the manga
- The fight between Goku, Yamucha, and Usagi Ninjinka is extended.
- Usagi Ninjinka hopping after Puar after grabbing the Carrot and then crashing into a mushroom tree.
- Goku's trip to the Moon is one of several instances where Saiyans have survived in the vacuum of space without any adverse effects, despite Freeza's claim that such an environment would kill Goku. (See Trivia about Saiyans.) On the other hand, Usagi Ninjinka and the two Human Rabbit Gang Members were also not affected.
- A store named Toriya Motors can be seen in the background referencing the last name of the series creator, Akira Toriyama.
- When Usagi Ninjinka threatens to turn Bulma into a carrot in the Ocean Group dub, Goku says that he hates Carrots. This is ironic since his real Saiyan name is Kakarrot, a pun on the word Carrot.
- Usagi Ninjinka's fate may be based on the fact that in the Southern Hemisphere you can see a Rabbit-like shape on the Moon.
- This is the first time a character is turned into food. It does not happen again until the Majin Boo Saga in Dragon Ball Z.
- Usagi Ninjinka and his men undoubtedly die when the Moon is later destroyed. In Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans, however, Yamucha comes across him again during the Saiyan Saga, proving that Usagi Ninjinka survives. Another source that states he survives might have been Toriyama himself.
- This is the first time that Goku has been off Planet Earth since his birth on Planet Vegeta. It is only for a few seconds, however, he does not leave the planet again until he dies in battle against Raditz and travels to North Kaio's World via the Serpentine Road.
"Goku, Bulma, and Oolong drive into a city to get gas. Just as they're about to leave, two men in bunny ears begin to hassle them. Goku beats up both of them, so they call in their boss. The Boss, whose name is Monster Carrot, arrives. His special power is his touch; if you touch him, you turn into a carrot. Not knowing this, Bulma slaps him, turning her into a carrot, which Monster Carrot grabs. Goku fights and defeats Monster Carrot, with the help of Yamcha and Puar. He then, forces Monster Carrot to surrender, and change Bulma back to normal." cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.