DB Episode 7
From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
Son Goku, Bulma Brief, and Oolong continued their adventure by driving further north to Mt. Frypan. After Bulma mentioned how hot it was for being so far north, Oolong said it was because of the mountain. It was once a nice place called Chilly Mountain until a fire spirit came down from the sky ten years ago and set it on fire. Bulma and Goku were then shocked to discover that the bright sunset they were admiring was in fact Mt. Frypan. Meanwhile, Yamucha and Puar were following Goku and the gang.
Back in the desert, Mai and Shuu dreaded returning to Pilaf without a Dragon Ball. Their fears were then met when they returned and were both electrocuted by a lightning machine for failure, however, Pilaf was also electrocuted when he lifted his fork up and it attracted a lightning bolt. Oolong continued to warn Bulma and Goku about "the Gyumao" that terrorized people in the area. He said they called him the Demon King. As Yamucha and Puar wait for Goku to run into Guamao and get killed, a young girl screaming and running away from a giant Dinosaur grabbed their attention. As they watched in shock, the young girl cut off the Dinosaurs' head with a device on her helmet. She then shot a beam from her helmet, destroying the rest of the Dinosaur. As Yamucha congratulated her, she attacked him in fear and Yamucha was forced to dodge and knock her out.
Back at the base of Mt. Frypan, Bulma, Goku, and Oolong come up with a plan of Goku using his Kinto Un to fly up to a castle at the top of the mountain. A ring of fire surrounded the castle and stories said that Gyumao and his daughter were on a picnic when the fire first started, making them not be able to enter their castle again. Goku called the Kinto Un and flew above the castle but flames caused him to retreat and jump into some water. As Bulma and Oolong waited, an axe flew by them into a wall and Gyumao walked up behind them. He asked the two why they were standing around the area and Bulma told "Gyu" that they were just passing through. As it looked like he was not believing their story, they yelled for Goku. After Goku returned and said he could not get into the castle, Gyumao was now sure that they had been trying to steal his treasure and started to attack them. Goku's attacks only made Gyumao itch and so he used the Kinto Un and flew around his head quickly, making him dizzy. Gyumao asked Goku where he had gotten the Kinto Un and Goku said he had gotten it from the Turtle Hermit which Gyumao surmised was actually Turtle Hermit. Gyumao then asked Goku where he had gotten the Nyoibou from and he said his grandfather which Gyumao surmised was Son Gohan. This brought back good memories for Gyumao because Son Gohan had been Turtle Hermit's best pupil and Gyumao had been his second best pupil. He asked if he knew where Muten Roshi lived and Goku replied that he thought it might be near the shore. Gyumao asked as a favor if Goku could fly to Turtle Hermit's home and borrow the Basho Fan, the only thing that could extinguish the flames around Mt Frypan. Goku accepted and asked if he could have the Dragon Ball that was part of his treasure. Gyumao said yes and asked if Goku could also take his only daughter, Son Chichi, with him. She had left earlier to try to find Turtle Hermit and should be walking somewhere near. He showed Goku her picture and even said she could be his bride.
Yamucha and Puar, who had overheard the whole conversation, panicked when they saw the picture of Chichi as that was the girl Yamucha had earlier knocked out. They quickly drove to where they had left Chichi and woke her up. Yamucha said he was sorry he had knocked her out but he had panicked since he was in love with her. Chichi was smitten with this revelation and as she told Yamucha about how she had read about something called dating in a weekly magazine, Yamucha and Puar spotted Goku and quickly hid. Chichi did not notice as she continued talking to herself.
Goku spotted Chichi talking to herself and landed. She asked if he was another person that had come to say he loved her. Goku said her father had sent him to pick her up so that they could travel to Turtle Hermit's home. Chichi climbed aboard the Kinto Un by using Goku's tail. Goku yelped and fell to the ground. He informed her that when someone grabbed his tail, he lost all his strength. Yamucha overheard this and was pleased to learn of Goku's weakness. As Goku and Chichi flew through the desert, he checked to see if she was a girl or guy and she shoved him off the Kinto Un, resulting in her crashing into a tall rock.
Back on the Kinto Un with a mad and injured Goku, Chichi asked herself why Goku had dared do that but decided she was going to marry Goku. They stopped over the ocean and asked a Dolphin for directions. The pair arrived at Turtle Hermit's island and greeted "Old-timer" and Kame.
- Son Chichi vs. T-Rex (Victor: Son Chichi)
- Yamucha vs. Son Chichi (Victor: Yamucha)
- Son Goku vs. Gyumao (Victor: Draw)
Differences from the manga
- Mai and Shuu walking back to Castle Pilaf where Pilaf tortures them with electrocution because of their failure.
- Goku quickly jumping into a pond to cool himself after he attempts to get into the castle on Mt. Frypan.
- Goku's fight with Gyumao.
- In the original uncut Japanese dub, Chichi pushes Goku off the Kinto Un for patting her crotch. In the edited English dub, it is because he criticizes her revealing outfit.
- A paint error in the original version left Bulma's legs naked in one scene. When the episode was dubbed into English, FUNimation caught this and changed the color of her legs back to the blue of her pantyhose. While this could be seen as a correction rather than censorship, the eventual unedited English dub restores the original cels with Bulma's legs incorrectly matching her skin tone.
- The moment when Yamucha hits Chichi is edited in the Ocean Group dub. Instead, it shows Puar's face with the sound effects of Yamucha knocking her out in the background.
- This is the first episode to feature a decapitation.
- This is the first time someone who is not Goku is seen on the Kinto Un.
- This is the first episode where someone shows a romantic interest towards Goku.
- This episode reveals that Goku's tail is his weak point, which is needed in order to defeat him in his Great Ape form in The Legend of Goku at the end of season 1 of Dragon Ball.
"Goku, Bulma, and Oolong arrive at Fire Mountain, with Yamcha following closely behind. There, they meet the Ox King, who lives in the castle on Fire Mountain. After realizing they know of Master Roshi, he tells them, that he sent his daughter, Chi Chi, to go to Master Roshi's island to borrow the Bansho Fan, out the flames on Fire Mountain, but she never came back. The Ox King tells Goku that if he finds Chi Chi and returns with the Bansho Fan, then he can have the Dragon Ball that's inside his castle. Goku takes off and finds Chi Chi right away, and they go on their way to arrive at Master Roshi's island." cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.