From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia
Sergeant Metallic (メタリック 軍曹, Metarikku Gunsō; FUNimation "Major Metallitron", Viz "Full Metal Jacket") is a member of the Red Ribbon Army.
Metallic was Son Goku's second challenger in Muscle Tower. At one point in the anime, Goku accidentally blew off his head (and exposed a metal plate in his chest) when he used the Kamehameha against him, but even that did not stop Metallic from continuing his rampage. Even without a head, and eventually losing both wrists, he tried to repeatedly stomp Goku flat. Goku later impaled him through the back with his Power Pole, and then headbutted through him, leaving a much larger hole. Despite the considerable damage done to his body, the major continued his assault on Goku, only stopping when his batteries (which had not been replaced since the previous spring) were drained of their energy. It is possible he was the one who damaged the Dragon Radar, as his fist crushed Goku at one point where the Dragon Radar would have been directly hit by it.
It was the first time in the series someone was actually able to take a couple hits from Goku and the Kamehameha and continue to fight. Metallic appeared for a couple of seconds in Dragon Ball GT firing his fist off and causing major damage to a building. He was then destroyed with a single kick by Pan.
Dragon Ball: Mystical Adventure
Metallic appeared in Dragon Ball: Mystical Adventure. At one point, it was revealed that his head could be re-attached if it was knocked off his shoulders.
Dragon Ball: The Path to Power
Metallic appeared in Dragon Ball: The Path to Power, but was redesigned with darker skin. He was defeated more quickly than in the anime.
Metallic appeared in Dragon Ball Z: Sūpā Gokū Den: Totsugeki Hen.
Metallic is a boss character and playable character in Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure.
- 3D Scan Mode – A mode that allows for advanced scanning of opponents like a Scouter.
- Flight – Metallic can apparently fly as seen during the Super 17 Saga.
- Mouth Missile – Metallic can fire a missile out of his mouth.
- Rocket Punch – Metallic can fire his fist to strike his opponent.
- Metallic is the only known high-ranking Red Ribbon Army official (in this case, a major) who is not named after a color and is not organic.
- Metallic's appearance and speech pattern suggest that he is likely based off of the main antagonist, played by Arnold Schwarzenegger, of the 1984 film The Terminator.
- Metallic is the first character in the series to determine that Goku may be a type of alien as seen when he scans Goku's body. It should be noted, however, that he is unsure what race of alien Goku actually is since no one on Planet Earth has ever come in contact with the Saiyans prior to Goku's arrival.
- A poster of Metallic without his sunglasses is seen in the background of Bulma's room in "Master Thief, Hasky".